Yesterday, I did a Soul Level Animal Communication® reading for a wonderful person and their kitty. I started our reading by energetically connecting with the person and very quickly discovered they had a huge core of kindness. This kindness encompassed humans, animals, nature, basically all different kinds of aspects of our human experience.
As I was thinking about the unique and challenging situation, we are all facing right now, I wondered…
How can we show more self-kindness to ourselves?
For example, it often seems that it is much easier to be kinder to another being or animal, than it is to be kind to ourselves.
I decided to create a list of different ways you can be kind to yourself!
- Pay attention to your self-talk
- Write a thank you note to yourself
- Take a nap
- Eat well
- Ride the current rollercoaster, knowing all the emotions you feel, makes you human
- Move your body
- Forgive yourself
- Go outside
- Breathe deeply
- Turn off the news
- Connect (virtually) with people you adore and haven’t been in touch with for eons
- Do Yoga
- Say yes
- Create something
- Stay up late
- Watch the wild life outside your window
- Learn something new
- Do a puzzle
- Play an instrument
- Do affirmations in the mirror
- Do something you rarely get to do, but love to do
- Ask for help
- Play with your pet
- Say no
- Pamper yourself
- Just be
- Go to bed early
- Make yourself a special meal
- Give yourself a break
I realize this list is only the tip of the iceberg! There are a gazillion ways you can be kind to yourself. I’d love to hear your favorite way you are kind to yourself.
Please remember: the first step is to give yourself permission to do one or more (hopefully, many more) kind things for yourself!
I believe when we are kinder to ourselves, it makes it easier to be kinder to all other living things.
Stay well and be kind to yourself!