UGH! Have you ever had one of THOSE days? Well, that was me yesterday!
It seemed instead of having the Midas touch, I had the “turn everything upside down” touch. I won’t bore you with all the details; however, it’s safe to say, I seemed to take 2 or 3 steps backward for every 1 ATTEMPT to move forward. I have to say, that was frustrating!
On days like that, the thought of just getting back into bed and pulling the covers over my head is pretty tempting!
However, that was not an option.
Instead, I decided (a key word here…decided!) to hit the reset button.
I took a few minutes to sit quietly and do a breathing exercise I learned when I went through my animal communication training from Danielle MacKinnon (my instructor). It’s really simple:
- Slowly take in a deep breath, while you imagine white light coming in through the top of your head and filling your whole body. This white light represents positive new energy.
- Then, slowly exhale, while imagining a different color leaving your body (it can be ANY color combination). It’s kind of funny because when I do this part of the exercise, my exhale color looks like a fireworks display! This colored light exiting your body represents the negative energy.
- Keep breathing like this for a minute or two.
- Before returning to whatever you were doing, notice what feels different.
For me, when I do this “light breathing reset” exercise, I feel like I’ve hit the reset button! The really cool thing is that I can activate this restart anytime. It can restart a task, restart the hour, restart the day…whatever is in need of a restart.
How will you use this “reset” exercise?
There are two key things to remember about this technique:
- Using this “reset button” is easy to implement from anywhere
- Even though it is simple to do, it doesn’t take long to experience a powerful reset!
My hope for you is that you don’t have to use this “reset button” very often and it’s nice to know something so easy to use is available when you have “one of those days”!